Salti al navigilo Salti al serĉilo
- aŭdo: dosiero ne ekzistas
- Rimoj: -...
- el la
- In all transitive senses except that of “to read quickly”, the object can come before or after the particle. If the object is a pronoun, then it must come before the particle.
-  (puŝ)renversi, surveturi
-  They were crossing the road and were almost run down by a truck.
- (hit with a vehicle): run over, knock down
- (criticise): put down, demean, berate
- (locate): track down
- en, transitive: To hit someone with a car or other vehicle and injure or kill them.
- He was run down while crossing the main road.
- en, transitive: To criticize someone or an organisation, often unfairly.
- Whatever the company says, the media is going to run them down.
- My sister is always running me down in front of my friends.
- Don't run yourself down so much!
- en, transitive: To find something or someone after searching for a long time.
- I finally managed to run down that report. I had filed it incorrectly.
- en, transitive, intransitive: To lose power slowly. Used for a machine, battery, or other powered device.
- You need to wind up the clock every day so that it doesn't run down.
- If you don't switch off the car lights, you will run the battery down.
- en, transitive: To read quickly a list or other short text.
- Running down the list of suggestions, I can see three we can discard immediately.
- en, British, transitive: To reduce the size or stock levels of a business, often with a view to closure.
- The board of directors have decided to run down the stocks held in storage prior to offering the company for sale.
- To decline in condition.
- to run down in health
- en, hunting: To chase till the object pursued is captured or exhausted.
- to run down a stag
- en, nautical: To run against and sink, as a vessel.
- To crush; to overthrow; to overbear.
- Religion is run down by the licence of these times.
|Referencoj kaj literaturo|
-  Macmillan Dictionary: „down run down“ (brita), „down run down“ (usona)
-  Merrain-Webster Online Dictionary „run down“
-  Merriam-Webster Online Thesaurus „run down“
-  Dictionary.com (vortaro angla-angla, trezoro kaj enciklopedio) „run down“
-  PONS angla-Deutsch, Stichwort: „run down“
-  dict.cc angla-germana, kapvorto: „run down“
-  LEO angla-germana, kapvorto: „run down“
|Fontoj kaj citaĵoj|