Salti al navigilo Salti al serĉilo
|pocket book||pocket books|
- US A woman's purse.
- figuratively One's personal budget or economic capacity - the amount one can afford.
- rare A small book, especially one that can fit in a pocket; a paperback; also a pocket book.
- The publishers brought out small format pocketbooks of the whole of their nature series'.
- (Can we date this quote?) New South Wales Department of Primary Industries; Risk Management Pocket Guide, :
- The kit is produced in three parts including a pocket book designed to fit into a shirt pocket for everyday on-the-job use, a more detailed guide and a training CD. The kit includes a hazard reporting and feedback notebook and hazard management process prompt cards to remind workers of common hazards they may encounter in day-to-day operations.
- British A notebook that is small enough to fit in a pocket.
- The police officer recorded all the salient information in his pocketbook at the time of the incident.
- (Can we date this quote?) North Tyneside Council; Decriminalised Parking Enforcement (DPE); Enforcement Guidelines, PARKING ATTENDANT'S POCKET BOOK/NOTEBOOK:
- The Parking Attendants (or Civil Enforcement Officers) shall maintain a separate pocket book in which they shall note daily details of their patrols, Penalty Charge Notice's issued, conversations with drivers etc. These books shall be kept in addition to any details entered into their handheld computers.