- figure out a problem - solvi problemon; eltrovi la solvon de problemo; figure out what to do - elpensi kion fari; I finally figured her out - fine mi komprenas ŝin; figure out an amount - kalkuli sumon; researchers are figuring out if there will be enough water in 50 years - esploristoj estas determinantaj ĉu estos sufiĉe da akvo post 50 jaroj
- idiomatic To come to understand; to discover or find a solution; to deduce.
- As soon as I figure out what is wrong with my car, I will fix it.
- 2012 May 27, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “New Kid On The Block” (season 4, episode 8; originally aired 11/12/1992)”, The Onion AV Club:
- In a bid to understand the eternal mystery that is woman, Bart goes to the least qualified possible source for advice and counsel: his father, who remarkably seems to have made it to his mid-30s without quite figuring out much of anything.
- idiomatic To calculate.
- We'd already figured out that the trip would cost $1,000.